- Instagram Competition
- Terms and conditions of use
- Product Availability
- Security, Privacy and Risk
- Wall Posts
- Intellectual Property
- Website Information
- Product warranty
- Force Majeure
- Notices to You
- Entire Agreement
- Applicable law
Instagram Competition Terms and Conditions
Our Hidden Treasures / Global Champagne Day competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Instagram.
The Champagne Dame Pty Ltd is responsible for the lawful operation of this promotion.
Total prize valued at $2,570
The following rules apply:
– Entrants must be over 18 years of age to enter. Identification may be requested for age of winning entrant.
– This prize does not include any flights, accommodation or transfers to the event.
– One winner per event will be drawn randomly and they may bring a guest of their choosing (of legal drinking age)
– Competition ends 11.59pm AEST 5/10/17
– Winners will be announced via Instagram DM on October 6, 2017
Official competition guidelines:
- Follow @thechampagnedame on Instagram
- Share the post relevant to the capital city you would like to win to your personal page
- Hashtag your post #globalchampagnedame
- Tag who you would most like to take
Terms and conditions of use
- thechampagnedame.com is operated by The Champagne Dame Pty Ltd. Sale of wines through champagnedame.com is made under Victorian liquor licence. 36134718
- By accessing this website, You acknowledge that You are 18 years or older and have read and understood the Terms and that You agree to be bound by the Terms. If You do not agree to the Terms or have not reached 18 years of age then you must not use this website.
- From time to time We may vary the Terms and You must accept the Terms on each occasion You access the website.
- “Our”, “We”, and “Us” means The Champagne Dame Pty Ltd and “You” and “Your” means the customer having an account with Us or placing an order with Us
- By placing an order with Us You are confirming that You are 18 years or older. It is illegal for Us to sell alcohol to anyone under the age of 18.
- When You give Us Your credit or debit card details You are confirming that You are either the card holder, or that You have permission from the card holder to use the card for the purpose of ordering wine from Us.
- The delivery address supplied by You must be in Australia. We are not permitted to ship product internationally
- No payment will be taken from Your card until the goods You have ordered are dispatched from Our warehouse, or Your monthly Emperor Club payment (if You are an Emperor Champagne Club Member) is due.
- We reserve the right to cancel any orders We cannot fulfil for any reason. If Your order is cancelled We will contact You to inform You of the cancellation and refund any money You have paid Us for that order.
- We only ship in cases containing 6, or 12 bottles. We cannot accept any orders for less than 6 bottles.
- Products offered by Us are displayed on Our website(s) in ‘real time’. Any product may be withdrawn from offer without notice at Our discretion.
- We reserve the right to limit sales to retail quantities if we reasonably deem that the order is not within a reasonable retail quantity. If you wish to purchase unusually large orders for an event, please call us prior to placing the order so that we can accommodate you.
- Free delivery on all orders above $200 to Melbourne & Sydney Metro for orders placed by 1pm. Delivery is also available to Perth and Brisbane metro freight is charged at $10 per order up to 2 bottles (for Champagne Club Members Only), $15 per order up to 6 bottles and $20 per order up to 12 bottles. If we experience an unusually large number of orders, we may change the 1pm cut-off to an earlier time so that we can keep our promise to the customers who have already placed their orders. We deliver Australia wide and are continually working on our rates. When a metro customer purchases online from any state in the country the final price will be based on the wines selected plus the cost of the courier, which will be displayed at the end of the purchase process.
- If Your order goes missing or is damaged, between dispatch and delivery, We will send You a replacement order as soon as We can. If We are unable to dispatch replacement goods within 7 days We will offer You a full refund. For these purposes, delivery takes place when products are left at the delivery address specified in Your order.
- Our courier may require a proof of age identification check if they deem it reasonable at the time they are making the delivery to You or Your authorized agent.
- If Your order is undeliverable we will contact you to arrange for re-delivery. We may charge you a fee for any re-deliveries.
- Risk of damage, loss or deterioration to the product passes to You on delivery.
- Title to the product remains with Us until we receive the full price of the product from you in cleared funds.
Security, Privacy and Risk
- For Your own safety We reserve the right to contact Your card issuer for the purposes of carrying out security checks.
- You must not upload any type of virus or computer malware onto the website and must ensure that Your computer remains safe and does not infect Our website whilst You are on the website.
- We may provide links on Our website to third party products and/or services. We do not promote or recommend these products and/or services to You. If You access these links You do so at Your own risk.
- We expressly disclaim all liability for Your use of this website. Each time You access this website You acknowledge that Your use of this website is at your sole risk and you are solely liable for any damage, loss or expense You incur from using the website.
Any promotions, discounts or vouchers are single use only and not to be used in conjunction with any other promotion, discount or voucher unless otherwise stated by Us
If You receive a voucher from Us, You can use it in the following ways:
- You must be 18 years of age or older. If you are younger than 18 You will not be able to use Our voucher even if the voucher was a gift to You.
- Our $30 vouchers can be used against any bottle of champagne on Our site worth $79 or more except certain specified cases which will be identified on Our website.
- Before You get spending, You have to register with Us first, which includes registering Your credit/debit card details, confirming your age and delivery details.
- The vouchers are for first-time customers only, and its one voucher per person.
- You can register and redeem Your voucher online, but if You have any problems or issues, You can contact Us on 1800 CHAMPAGNE.
- The vouchers are for one-off purchases i.e. You are not required to join any type of wine club to use the voucher.
- Voucher is valid on our list prices only.
Please Note: We may offer vouchers depending upon an event or season or our business partners may offer vouchers which may have different terms and conditions to those listed above, – however, we will ensure that the applicable terms and conditions will be printed on the voucher itself.
We operate a fair use policy on all promotional vouchers: We will honour vouchers earned from our partners, but we reserve the right to close your account(s) if we reasonably suspect that You are downloading vouchers from a voucher site, or if You set up multiple accounts.
- If You post a comment on any of the public walls incorporated within the site, Your comments will be in the public domain and will be visible to anyone who visits the site. You must not post a comment that is offensive, unlawful, obscene or defamatory. You are solely responsible for all posts listed using your account, whether the post was authorised or not.
- If you post a comment on our Wall, or if you post on our Facebook page or if you Tweet us, you agree that we can publish the post to promote the champagne or the winemaker or The Champagne Dame, without the need to reference you when we do so – even though we probably will. We have to remove content that is unlawful or breaches advertising standards.²
All content displayed or comprising the website, including without limitation the images, brand names, trademarks, commentary, website layout and software are subject to intellectual property protection in Australia and internationally. You do not have permission to modify the content on this website, permit unauthorized users to access it (whether intentionally or otherwise) or transmit it to third parties. Any misuse of Our intellectual property rights and/or Our partners’ intellectual property rights will result in immediate termination of Your account and You may be liable for damages.
Information contained on our website is uploaded regularly. We cannot guarantee the information to be correct, current or complete as there are a number of factors, which affect this information. We accept no responsibility or liability for any inaccuracies or typographical errors on our website.
We warrant that the product supplied by Us is of merchantable quality when delivered to You. To the extent permitted by law We expressly disclaim all express, implied, statutory warranties, guarantees and representations. In accordance with clause 9 of these terms and conditions, Our warranty given in respect of merchantable quality is limited to the replacement or resupply of the affected product to You or a refund of the cost of the product, at Our discretion
You acknowledge that We are not liable to You under any circumstances for any loss, damage or expense (including indirect or consequential, loss of opportunity or profits)You may incur from using our website. To the extent that the above exclusion of liability is unenforceable, invalid or ineffective then our aggregate liability to You under these Terms for all exclusions referred to above for all and any causes of action (collectively) shall be limited to AU$50.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Us, Our officers, employees, partners, suppliers, agents and contractors from and against all losses, proceedings, charges and costs (whether direct, indirect, special, exemplary or consequential) of every kind made against Us due to Your use, misuse or access to Our website and/or in allowing (with or without intention or knowledge) a person under 18 years of 18 access to Our website or to take delivery of the product on your behalf (whether with or without your permission).
We shall not be responsible to You if we are unable to deliver Your order or if we are prevented from performing our obligations under these Terms due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control. We will notify you of any delays to your delivery. However, if we are prevented from performing our obligations beyond a reasonable time then we may, at our discretion, elect to cancel Your order and provide a refund or credit to the value of the cancellation without further liability to You.
Notices to You
We may contact you via the contact details provided by you including your email address. You must maintain Your contact details as current at all times.
These Terms contain the entire agreement between You and Us for the use of Our website to purchase product. All and any other understandings, agreements and representations are hereby expressly excluded.
These Terms are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.
It is Your responsibility to consume alcohol sensibly.
When you visit The Champagne Dame, we collect personal information about you to enable us to process and deliver your order. This information may include your name, date of birth, contact details, credit card or bank account information and other information relevant to your services.
By submitting your details on our website, you consent to The Champagne Dame maintaining, recording, holding and using the personal data we collect about you. All data is collected lawfully and maintained in accordance with Australian privacy law.
We may also collect your personal information from you when you order wine, enter into one of our competitions or otherwise interact with us (such as through the social media channels of The Champagne Dame). This may include information such as preference information and other usage data. We may also collect your personal information from third parties where you have agreed with them that your information may be disclosed.
In addition, we collect information regarding activity on our website and other services, such as the number of visitors to the website or social media application, the date and time of those visits, the number of pages viewed, navigation patterns and, where relevant, the websites visited before visiting the website.
On our website, your visits are associated with cookies which are unique identifiers. This information may be collected on The Champagne Dames’ behalf by web analytics companies. This information provides us with statistics that we can use to analyse and improve our websites and our products and services. The information we collect may also be used to allow The Champagne Dame to send you offers which we feel will be of interest to you, and to send notifications via SMS. If you would prefer not to receive these e-mails please send us a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove you from that list.
We may combine personal information we receive about you with other information we hold about you. This includes information received from third parties. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is protected from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by the use of various methods, including secure storage. Where we store your personal information with a third party data storage provider, we require them to keep it secure and only use or disclose it for the purpose for which it was provided.
Please contact us immediately if you become aware or have reason to believe there has been any unauthorised use of your personal information that we hold.
We take your privacy very seriously and will not pass your details to any third party without your permission, other than where we have to e.g. to our delivery company to get you your wine.
If you opt-out of emails from The Champagne Dame, you will only be contacted by us regarding service issues such as, without limitation, order confirmation and delivery confirmation, significant changes to terms and conditions and non-marketing e-mails.
Collection of Data
We process Data you provide directly to Us, in particular when you complete a data collection form.
For example, we collect Data when you create an account, use the Services, participate in a contest or promotion, register for an event or an online course, apply for a job, request customer support or otherwise communicate with Us.
The Data may include the following data as well as any other type of information that we specifically request you to provide to Us through Our collection forms, such as:
- email address,
- postal address,
- phone number,
- information about your company and current position.
We use other third parties, such as a credit card processing company, to bill you for services and a Live Chat service to assist you if you have questions while using our website or regarding your order. When you sign up for our services, we will share your personal information only as necessary for the third party to provide that service.
Information we collect automatically through Cookies and other tracking technology
- A “cookie” is a small text file that is placed onto an Internet user’s web browser or device and which is used to record information related to the navigation or the use of a device or a website.
- A “web beacon” is a small object or image that is embedded into a web page, application, or email and is used to track activity. They are also sometimes referred to as pixels and tags (also known as “tracking pixels”). It may be used in Our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Some of the cookies are used for the exclusive purpose of enabling or facilitating communication or are strictly necessary for the provision of Our Services.
These are essentially of session cookies for authenticating and connecting to the Services, as well as memorizing navigation items during a session.
You have the ability to decline cookies by changing the settings on your browser but this might prevent you from benefiting from some elements of the Services. You can also consult or destroy cookies if you wish, since they are stored on your hard disk.
We may also use these technologies for other purposes than the Services operation such as:
- To improve Our Services;
- To remember you, for your convenience, when you visit Our Services;
- To provide you with advertising tailored to your interests;
The Champagne Dame also uses social media including but limited to Facebook and Instagram which may utilize your core profiling information to target an online advertisement of our products and services to you.
We do not collect data from Persons under 18 year of age. We will require you to enter your date of birth to ascertain this minimum age requirement. Persons under 18 years of age will be rejected from our list.
How we use the Data
We may use information about you for the following purposes:
- Provide, maintain and improve Our Services;
- Provide and deliver the Services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by The Champagne Dame and others, with your prior consent, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with Our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected, and which is necessarily contemplated by the collection of such information or is otherwise explicitly mentioned in the process of collection.
According to the Regulation, each Data processing is performed on one of the following legal basis:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the Service subscribed by you.
- The legitimate interests pursued by Us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or your fundamental right and freedoms.
The period of data retention
Data are retained in a form that allows your identification for a period no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which they are obtained and processed.
The Champagne Dame will retain your data on file until you actively elect to have your data removed from our records by means of unsubscribing.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, We commit to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your Data. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Us at:
We are committed to taking appropriate measures designed to keep your Data secure. Our technical, administrative and physical procedures are designed to protect Data from loss, theft, misuse and accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, use and destruction. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to Us, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact Us at email@example.com
According to the Data Protection Act of January 6th, 1978, and the regulation 2016/679 of the European parliament and of the council of 27 April 2016 (the “Regulation”), you have – at any time – a right of access, rectification, opposition on legitimate grounds and limitation where appropriate, as well as the right to define guidelines related to the fate of your Data after your death.
You also have the right to receive Data which you have provided to Us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller under conditions and in accordance with the Regulation.
You may exercise your rights by contacting Us in writing, with a proof of your identity, at the address provided in the “Contact Us” section below or at the address provided in our Data collection form. We inform you that you also may update, correct or delete by yourself your account information by logging into your online account.
Especially regarding promotional or sales communications, you may opt out of receiving promotional or sales communications from The Champagne Dame by following the instructions provided in those communications or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org If you email Us to unsubscribe from Our commercial email messages, please include the word “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the email subject line. Please note that if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as those about your account or Our ongoing business relations.
You can also contact Us by sending an email to email@example.com to request to be removed from Our sales call list.
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
If you have any questions relating to this policy, contact us by e-mail on: firstname.lastname@example.org